Voorhees NJ Shoplifting SuspectVoorhees Township NJ police are looking for a man who allegedly committed a number of shoplifting offenses at stores in the area.

The most recent shoplifting incident involving the suspect reportedly occurred at the Acme store in Eagle Plaza, which is located on Haddonfield-Berlin Road in Voorhees, NJ.

The suspect is accused of stealing a case of Red Bull from the store. Voorhees investigators believe that this was one of several shoplifting offenses committed by the suspect at Voorhees NJ businesses in recent months.

After Acme store employees observed the suspect taking the Red Bull case without paying for it, they contacted local police. Voorhees NJ police officers were dispatched to the scene to conduct an investigation.

Police were able to obtain surveillance footage from the store that reportedly shows the suspect stealing the Red Bull. The surveillance images were later posted on the Voorhees Police Department’s Facebook page in the hopes that someone might recognize the suspect.

Voorhees police also released a detailed description of the suspect. When he allegedly committed the theft at the Acme store, the suspect was reportedly wearing a black t-shirt, long shorts, and hat with a black and white pattern.

The investigation into the shoplifting suspect remains active and ongoing; however, police have not yet identified him.

If the suspect is eventually identified and apprehended, he could be subject to significant penalties. As set forth by N.J.S.A. 2C:20-11(b), shoplifting may be classified as a third degree offense if the retail value of the stolen items exceeds $500. A conviction for third degree shoplifting could lead to a sentence of 3-5 years in NJ State Prison.

The Voorhees Township Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying the alleged shoplifter. Anyone who has information about the suspect can reach investigators by calling 856-627-7174.

For additional information about this case, view the NJ.com article entitled “Red Bull Thief Sought by Voorhees Police.”